Now you know about Facebook’s measuring algorithm, EdgeRank, you are wondering how to improve your page’s score. If you are clueless about EdgeRank, check out yesterday’s blog “Do You Have an Edge(Rank)? to learn more about it! Here are 6 tips and statistics straight from Facebook.
1. Posts between 100 and 250 characters get 60% more likes, comments and shares than posts over 250 characters. Keep it short and sweet.
2. Posting photo albums, photos and videos get 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement respectively. Posting a link as a photo with the article title and URL in the comment area will increase reach. Be visual.
3. Asking simple opinion driven questions or fill in the blanks will bring 90% more engagement that the average post. Ask your fans what you want to know.
4. Remember that 96% of your fans aren’t coming back to your page, so posting frequently is the only way to consistently reach them. Post daily.
5. Posts relating to, but not directly about your brand, perform best. For example if you are a muffin shop, your posts should be about recipes and baking tips, not politics, religion or cats. Be relevant but not pushy.
6.Test out different times to find the best time for your audience and then stick with them. Be timely in your posts, consistence is key.
If you need more help with reaching your fans on Facebook, contact Warhorse Marketing today. Our strategies and methods will help you post smarter, easier and better!