Texas State DWI attorneys know that the sobriety tests are among the first things criminal defense attorneys must evaluate when defending against a Texas State DWI. Getting a firm understanding of how these tests were designed, what they were designed to measure, and how to evaluate whether the police officer did a good job of administering them is an essential tools in the DWI Defense Attorney’s toolbox. There is no better person to learn from than Lance Platt, Ph.D.
Lance Platt, Ph.D., widely recognized at the Nation’s Top DUI / DWI Expert, in association with nationally renowned DWI Defense Attorney Jame “The Dude” Balagia, and Warhorse Marketing, Corp proudly announces he will conduct a NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Tests Practitioner Course March 24-25, 2017 at the Courtyard/Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Austin located at 300 E. 4TH STREET ~ AUSTIN, TEXAS 78701.
This training course will certify the attendee in the most current NHTSA approved SFST training curriculum. This is the same NHTSA SFST training course that law enforcement officers are trained in nationwide and testify to in court. The course is open to any attorney who wants to learn more about the NHTSA approved standardized field sobriety testing and it’s foundation.
Attendees at this course will be trained on:
– The perspectives on recognizing driving behavior exhibited by impaired drivers;
– Attitudes and skills in detecting the impaired driver;
– Understanding the tasks and decisions involved in identifying the intoxicated driver;
– The DWI Detection process
– Effects of DWI enforcement
– DWI enforcement & the three standardized field sobriety test (WAT, OLS, HGN)
– Typical clues of alcohol intoxication
– Divided attention testing and the NHTSA standardized field sobriety testing administrative and scoring protocols;
– SFST validation studies – how they were created, and what the mean to attorney’s who try DWI cases;
– Live alcohol workshop and demonstrations of different types of nystagmus will be displayed and observed.
– Course location and hotel registration information will be announced shortly.
Detection and General Deterrence
The Legal Environment
Overview of Detection, Note taking & Testimony
Vehicle in Motion
Concepts and Principles
Test Battery Demonstrations
Processing the Arrested Suspect & Preparing for trial
Written examination & proficiency testing
Courtyard/Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Austin
300 E. 4TH STREET ~ AUSTIN, TEXAS 78701
Reservations can be made by calling 512-236-8008. You must mention Platt & Associates to get the $169.00 discounted room rate.
Course Offering: SFST Practitioner Course
Instructors: Lance Platt, Ph.D.
Course Cost: $875.00
Course Schedule: Classes begin at 9 a.m. on the first day, will end by 5 p.m. on the last day